My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://sewforthandsewon.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.

Sew Forth and Sew On: Sewing with Blanks

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sewing with Blanks

I purchased these little tank tops last fall on clearance, $0.50 a piece. Once again my husband thought I was crazy, but when I saw the tops, I knew they were good blanks, a purchased item that I can just embroidery on. The tops have such cute detail with the back straps looped together and the little piece of lace sewn it the front. I had to remove the applique from thefront of each shirt,
but that only took a second to unpick. It is very rewarding to work with blanks because it take so much less time to a completed project. I will confess though that one disadvantage to sew on a blank is hooping, especially with blanks for toddlers. Hooping your item for embroidery is so much easier when the item is only partially construction, instead of completed.

No comments: