My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://sewforthandsewon.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.

Sew Forth and Sew On: The Dog in the Mouse's House

Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Dog in the Mouse's House

While on vacation, we stopped at Wal-mart to pick up a few things and of course, even though I am 2000 plus miles from home, I had to check out the fabric department. To my excitement, left sitting all alone on the clearance rack, the only piece of Christmas fabric left, was about 3 yards of this years Snoopy Christmas fabric. At my local Wal-mart, this Snoopy fabric was completely sold before Thanksgiving. I quickly carried the bolt to the cutting table and ask for every inch. The bolt was marked $1.98/yd, but when the associate scanned the tag it rang up at $0.99/yd. I was even more excited. Still on a high from such a find, I talked my husband into stopping at the next Wal-mart we ran into and bought another 3 yd for $0.99/yd. My only reasoning for this is that when in central Florida, the mouse is king. Don't get me wrong, I like Mickey Mouse as well as many of the Disney characters and movies and even Disneyland and Disneyworld. But my heart belongs to the dog, Snoopy. My husband thinks I am nuts. Of all the souvenirs from Florida that I could choose to pack in the limited space in my suitcase, I chose Snoopy fabric.

No comments: