My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://sewforthandsewon.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.

Sew Forth and Sew On: The Snoopy Sheet

Friday, May 2, 2008

The Snoopy Sheet

Look at what my mom found for me. I am so excited. Yes, I know it is just an old sheet, but it has so many possibilities. Because it is a little worn, I will use it to make a quilt, just a lap quilt, throw around the house type thing. I have two ideas for the quilt though. Because the design is so cute, my first thought is to try and keep as much of the sheet together as possible. In other words, use it as the top of the quilt. My second thought though is to cut out the characters and applique them to quilt squares and then make the quilt. I am leaning towards the second idea. This would allow me to only use the best parts of the sheet. I can make the quilt more colorful or even a denim rag quilt. The quilt will withstand more, and last longer. On the other side though, it will take longer to make. But, for such cute Peanuts designs the work and time is worth it. Unfortunately, this is one of those projects that gets tucked it the box labeled "someday". Isn't Someday after Wednesday??

No comments: